Honda Civic Safety
Compact cars are still popular today, especially since they still provide plenty of power, value, and features that make them a great all-around choice. The 2018 Honda Civic leads the class with its sporty ride, spacious interior and modern technology, along with some of the best safety features on the market.
Drivers in Denver, Aurora, and Centennial can find out more about the 2018 Honda Civic safety features with our in-depth safety review.
Standard Safety Features
All Honda Civic models come with several airbags, stability and traction control systems, and a rearview camera for better visibility. With the Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines, you can easily maneuver out of tight parking spaces in reverse and avoid obstructions.
The 2018 Civic itself is an all-around safe vehicle due in part to its well-constructed frame. Advanced Compatibility Engineering™, or ACE™, technology is a network of framing structures that better absorb impact, deflect force, and receive the brunt of a collision to protect the vehicle occupants.
Honda Sensing® in the Civic
With the standard safety equipment and redesigned body frame, the 2018 Honda Civic is a remarkably safe vehicle in the event of a collision. Honda takes it a step further, however, by offering technology that helps you prevent a collision in the first place with the Honda Sensing® suite of driver-assisting systems.
This myriad of safety features includes systems designed to alert you to a potential collision from the front and sides, as well as keep you alert and aware of your perimeter at all times:
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low Speed Follow is a state-of-the-art cruise control system that maintains a set distance from the vehicle ahead of you on the roadway. By doing so, you don’t have to change the speed.
- The Lane Keeping Assist System helps you stay alert of any unintentional lane drifting. If it senses the Civic straying from its lane, it’ll alert you and adjust the steering to ensure you remain in the lane center.
- The Collision Mitigation Braking System™ uses its cutting-edge sensors to detect a potential collision with the vehicle ahead of you. If it senses an otherwise unavoidable accident, it assists in braking the Civic.
- The Road Departure Mitigation System, though, utilizes a camera to read road markers. By doing so, it can alert you if you’re beginning to drift from the lane.
Additional Safety Features
With these advanced safety systems, you’ll be alert, aware, and focused on the road ahead. However, the Honda Civic comes with even more standard and available safety features, including:
- Honda LaneWatch™
- Lane Departure Warning
- Forward Collision Warning
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ with Traction Control
Explore the 2018 Honda Civic at Mile High Honda
Few vehicles are as structurally sound as the 2018 Honda Civic. With the many features that it offers, Honda Civic safety is exceptionally hard to match. If you’re a driver in the Centennial, Aurora, or Denver areas looking to experience the high-tech safety of this vehicle, contact Mile High Honda today. We’d be glad to answer any questions you have. Contact us today for more information.