Honda Accord Safety
The 2018 Honda Accord is an impressive vehicle with a lot to offer, but one of its best features is its suite of advanced safety technology. These innovative features are an important aspect of a modern vehicle and help you drive with control, confidence, and peace of mind.
Drivers in Denver, Centennial, and Aurora can learn more about the 2018 Honda Accord safety features in this detailed overview from the team at Mile High Honda.
Many modern vehicles have advanced safety features, but they may not have Honda Sensing® technology. This impressive suite of safety features includes several features that enhance the driver’s visibility and control, as well as features that are designed to reduce the risk of injury in the event of a collision.
- Lane Keeping Assist System: This advanced safety feature uses sensors to monitor your vehicle’s position within the lane markers. If it senses lane drifting, it’ll direct your Accord safely back into its intended lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: More advanced than regular cruise control, Adaptive Cruise Control lets you set your cruise speed and automatically adjusts your speed to keep you a safe distance from the vehicle ahead.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™: Sometimes a close call is unavoidable, but with the Collision Mitigation Braking System™, a collision is less likely to be severe. This system automatically applies the brakes when it detects a possible crash, which lowers the vehicle speed and either reduces the severity of the impact or avoids the collision altogether.
- Road Departure Mitigation System: Like the Lane Keeping Assist System, Road Departure Mitigation uses a camera to monitor your position on the road and keep you from drifting onto the shoulder or off the road completely.
The Honda Sensing® system is standard for all Honda Accord models. In addition to these features, this suite also includes Traffic Sign Recognition, Forward Collision Warning, and Lane Departure Warning.
Honda LaneWatch™ is a camera that mounts to the mirror to monitor the blind spot on the passenger side and gives you better visibility of the perimeter of your vehicle.
Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
Backing up is always hazardous, but not with the Multi-Angle Rearview Camera. This camera system has normal, wide, and top angle views of the rear of your vehicle, which helps you back up with more confidence and avoid any potential obstructions behind your vehicle. This feature is useful for any tight spaces, like crowded parking lots, or backing onto a busy street.
The 2018 Honda Accord also comes with:
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ with Traction Control
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ Body Structure
- Auto High-Beam Headlights
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Available Blind Spot Information System with Cross Traffic Monitor
Drive Safe in the 2018 Honda Accord
Safety is an important consideration when you’re shopping for a vehicle, but with all these advanced safety features, you know you’re safe and protected with the 2018 Honda Accord.
Drivers in Denver, Centennial, and Aurora can learn more about the safety in the Honda Accord by visiting Mile High Honda. Stop by today to schedule your test drive!