Honda Maintenance Intervals and Services
To make it easy for you, we’ve sorted out your service by mileage intervals. It’s important to know that each service listed must be met every time you reach the mileage interval. Keep an eye on your odometer and look below to find out the various services that you need with the corresponding mileage:
- 7,500 Miles: When you reach this mileage, you need to have your engine oil and oil filter replaced. Your tires will need to be inspected and possibly rotated as well. You also need several inspections, including hoses, front and rear brakes, the exhaust system, and the drive shaft boots all checked. Be sure to get these services every 7,500 miles.
- 15,000 Miles: At this point, on top of the previously mentioned services, inspections, and replacements, you need to have the following done: service front and rear brakes, inspect charging system and belts, and inspect/adjust alignment. Be sure to keep up with these services every 15,000 miles.
- 30,000 Miles: This time you need to replace your drain plug washer and have your transmission fluid, brake fluid, and fuel filter replaced. At this time, you also need to have your engine cleaned and tuned up. Depending on the state of your spark plugs, you may have to have them replaced as well. Remember to keep up with these services every 30,000 miles.
- 90,000 Miles: When you reach this mileage, you have a long list of services that need to be done. Most are already listed above, but this time there are two new things to add to your maintenance services. When you hit 90,000 miles, you need to replace your water pump and your timing belt.
Checks You Can Do
There are also some checks you can do yourself right at home on a regular basis. This includes inspecting the following parts and fluids:
- Brake fluid: Check level monthly
- Exterior lights: Check their operation monthly
- Wiper blades: Check their condition every six months
If you notice that any of these parts or fluid need to be changed, you can order the parts you need directly from us. Then, you can either change them yourself or have our professionals quickly and properly install them for you.
Along with that, you’ll want to check your tire pressure as well as examine the tread on the tires every month. Each time you stop at the gas station to refuel, also be sure to quickly check the oil level and condition within your engine.
Importance of Regularly Scheduled Maintenance
There are a lot of benefits to making sure you keep up with all the maintenance your car will need. First and foremost, it gives you the peace of mind that various systems within your vehicle are safely operating.
On top of ensuring your car’s parts are providing you with safe driving, having your vehicle regularly serviced for maintenance also keeps it performing at its best. This means smooth braking and acceleration as well as overall efficient driving.
It can also help save you in the long run. That’s because having these routine services performed keeps costs of car care lower than if you wait until a major repair is needed caused by worn parts and old fluid.
Lastly, by replacing parts and fluids on time, you’re setting yourself up for years of reliable performance. This way you can continue to drive your car for longer or get great value for the vehicle if you ever decide to sell it.
Where Can You Go for These Services?
If your Accord is due for any replacement or inspection, you can bring your car to our state-of-the-art service center. Our team of trained technicians is extremely familiar with all the systems and parts of Honda vehicles, so they’ll know exactly what to look for when inspecting your vehicle’s condition.
After their inspection, they can give you a status report of your vehicle and the best course of action regarding replacement parts. They can also change your oil with synthetic engine oil, which is designed to last long. They can even help you preserve your tires, so they last longer, by rotating them and making sure the wheels are aligned.
We also have genuine Honda parts, so any time you need to have the brake pads replaced or another worn component changed out, you’ll know we’re putting in only parts that are specifically built for your Accord and made with high-quality materials.
Then before you head back out on the roads, they can even let you know about the inspections and services you’ll want to have scheduled next. With their help, your Honda Accord will continue to drive just as well as the first day you got it!