For beer lovers, no event is bigger than the annual Great American Beer Festival® (GABF®). Taking place right in Denver, CO, this incredible event gives everyone a chance to get a taste of some of the best beers in the entire country.
Want to see what this year’s GABF® has to offer? Check out this event guide to learn all about this event and why it’s called the “granddaddy of all U.S. beer festivals.”
When & Where?
GABF® is a 3-day extravaganza of great beer and good times. This year’s festival kicks off on Thursday, October 5th at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver and goes all the way through Saturday, October 7th.
Session times for each day will be from 5:30 PM to 10:00 PM. There will also be a session on Saturday afternoon from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM for members of the Brewers Association and the American Homebrewers Association.
The Granddaddy of U.S. Beer Festivals
GABF® is the biggest beer fest in the United States. The event typically draws in hundreds of thousands of people, but that’s not the reason why it’s the granddaddy of all beer festivals. The thing that really makes this event special is all the beers it features.
This year, the festival is set to have thousands of beers from more than 800 breweries from all over the country. Here are a few of the breweries that’ll be pouring you a pint or two of their best stuff and where they’re from…
- 12Degree Brewing: Louisville, CO
- Barrel of Monks Brewing: Boca Raton, FL
- Bootleggers Brewery: Fullerton, CA
- Dogfish Head Craft Brewery: Milton, DE
- Stable 12 Brewing Company: Phoenixville, PA
While beer is the best part about this festival, food comes in at a close second. This year, you’ll be able to indulge in quite a few food options, including some delicious cheeses from the American Cheese Society, and paired plates from craft brewers and restaurants.
Sip & Learn
Who knew beer festivals could be so educational?
At GABF®, event-goers will be able to take a break from the festival floor for a bit of fun and informative educational presentations.
There will be tons of programs available for everything from homebrewing to craft beer, but the most popular place to learn will be in the Beer & Food Pavilion. Here, expert chefs and brewers come together to help you experience the art of food and beer pairings.
If you want to have a little more fun while indulging in some special brews, be sure to check out all the festival hangouts, like The Backyard for games, music, and photo ops. You can also head over to the Heavy Medal booth to try some medal-winning beers from previous festivals and the World Beer Cup.
Other hangouts at this year’s GABF® include:
- Brewpub Pavilion: Featuring 42 brewpubs representing regions from across the country, this is the place for some good beer and even better food.
- Silent Disco: Grab a pair of wireless headphones to just listen and/or dance to the music of a live DJ. No matter what you decide to do, you’re sure to have a good time here.
- Designated Driver Lounge: DDs are pretty amazing, and if you happen to be one of those amazing people, stop at this hangout for craft brewed sodas, root beer, and free chair massages.
Get Your Brew On
When it comes to beer, there’s no better event to check out than the Great American Beer Festival®. For more information and up-to-date news about this celebration of all things beer, check out the event’s official Facebook page!