Four Ways to Tap into Your Creative Side During Denver Arts Week 2017
Those living near The Mile High City who truly appreciate the arts will absolutely need to check out Denver Arts Week 2017. This 9-day celebration of all things art and culture is taking place November 3-11, 2017, at different locations throughout Denver.
With over 300 events, which ones should you look into? Below are four ways to make the most out of this week-long celebration with our guide to Denver Arts Week 2017.
1. Explore the Vibrant Arts District
There are several events happening on First Friday, November 3, as a kickoff to the Denver Arts Week. Stroll the streets of the Tennyson Street Cultural District, where you’ll find great art pieces on sale. You can even win a grand prize at The HeART of Denver exhibit at Lapis Gallery! You can also explore the 40 West Arts District with a multi-venue walk, enjoying art openings and meeting artists of the Denver/Lakewood area.
Check out all the First Friday events here.
2. Enjoy Free Night at the Denver Museums
Whether you want to stop by an area museum for the first time, or plan on revisiting an old favorite, you’ll definitely appreciate Free Night at the Museums on Saturday, November 4. From 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM, you can visit several museums with no-charge admission, including:
- Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus: Dedicated to helping children learn through play.
- Denver Botanic Gardens: See a special outdoor Day of the Dead exhibition called La Calavera Catrina.
- Denver Firefighters Museum: Learn about the history of firefighting, and don’t miss the Collecting Fire Toys
You can see all the participating museums here.
3. Check Out the Thriving Music Scene
The art scene in Denver goes beyond paintings and sculptures. For some great music, you have many options. Hear beautiful music inspired by Shakespeare from the St. Martin’s Chamber Choir. They’ll be presenting “There Is Sweet Music: Shakespeare at 400” on November 11 at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church.
Or, if you’re more into pop and electronic music, check out the bands Timeflies and Space Jesus, who are playing at the Bluebird Theater on Wednesday, November 8 and Saturday, November 11, respectively.
Interested in more music events? Check out the full schedule here.
4. Get in On Some Great Deals and Discounts
Appreciating the arts is great. And getting a good deal on it is even better. Here are some discounts to take advantage of during Denver Arts Week…
- $10 Discount Night: On November 16, pay just $10 when you see “Return to The Twilight Zone, a Parody” at the Theater Company of Lafayette.
- 20% Off Coupon: Get ready for the holiday season by seeing “A Christmas Carol” at the Stage Theatre from November 3-11, and use promo code ARTSWEEK to get 20% off your ticket.
- 2 for 1 Admission: Witness this celebration of Mozart’s life through this concert of his famous “Jupiter” Symphony from November 3-5. Use code ARTSWEEK17 to buy two tickets for the price of one.
Find out more about all great deals being offered here.
Become a Bona Fide Arts & Culture Lover at Denver Arts Week 2017
Above are just some of the ways you can enjoy Denver Arts Week this year. For more information on this year’s extensive celebration, check out the rest of the website, or go to Visit Denver’s Facebook page.